Whichever stage of the process you're at, we want to make renting with Folio London as straightforward as possible.
When you're looking...
- The right information. Our property details are always accurate, so you know you're making a choice based on the right information.
- No waiting around. When you contact us, we'll get back to you within 24 hours (excluding weekends and bank holidays) - or sooner if we can.
- We listen and there's no hard sell. We don't work on commission, so our priority is to find you a home that suits your needs. We'll suggest which price bracket and type of home may be right for you, and you can make a decision when you're ready. Please note thatwe can only reserve the property for up to five days following a viewing. This is so we can be fair to other home hunters.
- We'll be clear about requirements. We don't want to waste your time, so we're clear about requirements from the start. Please read our guide to applying for details.
When you're applying...
- We'll guide you through the process, step by step. We'll give you a clear explanation of what's involved in renting with Folio London.
- Apply online. Tell us which property you'd like to reserve, when you want to move in, and how long you'd like to stay for. We'll ask you to submit pre-tenancy funds of £350 (non-refundable). This will count towards your first rent payment so you'll only be invoiced for the balance and your deposit before you move in. We'll also ask you for your passport details and other information so we can start the referencing process. Referencing checks must be completed within five working days, so make sure you have this information ready when you apply.
- No fees. We don't charge admin fees, which means your money goes towards your rent and deposit.
- No small print, no jargon. You'll know exactly what you're signing up for. There are no hidden costs and our tenancy agreements are written in plain English. We're also upfront about our yearly rent increases and we'll let you know who is responsible for what.
- Folio London offer three year tenancies as standard with a minimum term of 8 months. This gives you greater flexibility if your situation changes.
- A fast response. We know you're excited about your new home, so we'll get back to you within 24 hours (during working hours) to confirm whether your application is successful.
- Application accepted! What next? We've agreed a date - now get ready to move in!
When you're living with us...
- A friendly face you'll get to know. You'll have a dedicated property manager who will help you with any property related issues. You'll have their direct contact details and they'll be there when you need them throughout your tenancy.
- We'll take care of your home as if it's our own. We own all the properties that we let, so we take care of them. This includes a yearly 'health check-up' for your home to help keep it in good shape.
- Convenience at your fingertips. If you need to pay your rent, report a repair or track the progress of your repair, you can do it all online.
- An emergency hotline for when you need it. We work hard to look after all our properties, but we know that sometimes things can go wrong despite this. You'll be able to phone your dedicated property manager during the day, or on an emergency 'hotline' after 5pm or at weekends and bank holidays to report any urgent repairs.
- An answer when you expect it. We'll always get back to you as soon as we can (excluding weekends and bank holidays). We have strict deadlines for for responding to you when you report a repair and for keeping you informed of progress.
When it's time to move on...
- We'll be sorry to see you go but we'll do our best to ensure it's a smooth and easy process.
- Return of your deposit. Your deposit is held by the Deposit Protection Scheme (DPS), a government-backed third party, which ensures that tenants receive their deposit back when they are entitled to. This provides an extra reassurance that the DPS will return your deposit quickly and in full within 10 working days as long as there are no issues with your tenancy.