Whichever stage of the process you're at, we want to make renting with Folio London as straightforward as possible.
When you're looking...
We make sure that our property details are always updated and accurate!
- The right information. Our property details are always accurate, so you know you're making a choice based on the right information.
- No waiting around. When you contact us, we'll get back to you within 24 hours (excluding weekends and bank holidays) - or sooner if we can.
- We listen. Our team doesn’t work on commission, so their priority is to find you a home that suits your needs
- We'll be clear about requirements. We don't want to waste anyone's time, so we make sure we are clear about the property and tenancy requirements from the start! More information about requirements can be found below. Please read our guide to applying for details.
When you're applying...
We'll guide you through the process and give you a clear explanation of what's involved in renting with Folio.
- Apply online. Simply tell us which property you'd like to reserve, when you want to move in, and how long you'd like to stay for. We'll ask you to pay a holding deposit of £350 (non-refundable). This will be paid against your first rent payment so you'll only be invoiced for the balance and your deposit before you move in. We'll also ask you for your passport details and other information so we can start the referencing process. Referencing checks must be completed within five working days, so make sure you have this information ready when you apply.
- No extra fees! We don't charge admin fees, which means that you only pay for the rent due and security deposit.
- No small print! You'll know exactly what you're signing up for. There are no hidden costs and our tenancy agreements are clear and concise. We're also upfront about our yearly rent increases. Folio offer three year tenancies as standard with a minimum term of 8 months. This is because we want to give our Tenants greater flexibility.
- A fast response. We know you're excited about your new home, so we'll get back to you within 24 hours (during working hours) to confirm whether your application is successful.
- Application accepted! What next? When we have agreed on a date it's time for you to get ready to move in to your new home!
When you're living with us...
- A friendly face you'll get to know. You'll have a dedicated portfolio manager who will help you with any property related issues. We of course make sure that you have the Portfolio Managers direct contact details.
- We'll take care of your home as if it's our own. We own all the properties that we let, so we take care of them. This includes a yearly 'health check-up' for your home to help keep it in good shape.
- An emergency hotline for when you need it. We work hard to look after all our properties, but we know that sometimes things can go wrong despite this. You'll be able to phone your dedicated property manager during the day, or on an emergency 'hotline' after 5pm or at weekends and bank holidays to report any urgent repairs.
- An answer when you expect it. We have strict deadlines for responding to you when you report a repair and for keeping you informed of progress.
When it's time to move on...
We'll be sorry to see you go but we'll do our best to ensure it's a smooth and easy process.
- Return of your deposit. Your deposit is held by the Deposit Protection Scheme (DPS), a government-backed third party, which ensures that tenants receive their deposit back when they are entitled to. This provides an extra reassurance that the DPS will return your deposit quickly and in full within 10 working days as long as there are no issues with your tenancy.